There are so many wonderful things about being an older sister, but growing up, there were also moments when I felt people did things that made me roll my eyes! Now I look back at those moments with a smile and would kill to go back to those fun days.
Things I love about being an older sister
- You are considered the coolest person in the world by the younger one.
- She always tries to emulate your mannerisms and copy the way you dress, walk, talk etc!
- Your input on important issues(what to wear, who not to invite to the birthday party etc) is considered the most important.
- You are the smartest and most beautiful person in the world for you sister(and vice versa)!
- There are some secrets that only you are privy to(God Promise etc required though)
- If there is an argument at home, no matter what the topic, the younger one always supports you.
- You can do no wrong according to the younger one.
- She is always telling you that you will be fine, whenever you feel down or depressed about something(still does)
- You always had a giggle partner when you wanted to make fun of the weird people(friends, family) visiting.
- You are allowed to share all the jewelery, watches and clothes now whenever you visit.
- She 'Loves' all the gifts you get her!
Things I used to dislike(but now love) about being an older sister:
- You are always called 'tai'(older sister) by everyone(parents, grandparents included).
- You are expected to be the epitome of good behavior. If you misbehave, the younger one does too!
- You are required to tag the younger one along to your friends' get togethers(those were the days when the younger ones were considered pests.......sigh....not anymore)
- You are an infidel if you support the parents when they ask the younger one to not eat the bar of chocolate because she is coughing and sick.
- You are always expected to be more mature and understanding.
- You were asked for Disney wrist watches and Tweety mugs as gifts, but could never share them!